Watermelon Herb Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 8-1/2 cups
- 4 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 22 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 31, 2014
This is a great twist on a fruit salsa. Love the freshness of it. It is prefect for warm summer days.
Jun 4, 2011
Delicious and fresh-tasting for a hot summer day.
Aug 30, 2010
This recipe is simple to make and tastes GREAT! A new twist on salsa, just in time for Labor Day picnics. Thanks for the recipe!