- 4 cups cubed watermelon, seeded, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- Puree 3 cups watermelon in a blender. Cut remaining watermelon into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon puree, lime juice, lime peel, ginger and salt. Stir in the tomato, cucumber, green pepper, cilantro, onion, jalapeno and cubed watermelon. Chill until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forWatermelon Gazpacho
"Wonderfully refreshing...did bulk it up a bit and pureed all ingredients. A keeper!"
"This chilled soup not only makes a grand presentation, the unusual medly of flavors and texture combinations harmonize beautifully. Skeptical guests ooh'd and aah'd and everyone loved the added punch of jalapeno. I served it as an appetizer and it stole the show! A must try. malverna bosh"