- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice, chilled
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cranberry juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Place watermelon in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add sugar and gelatin mixture; process until blended. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm. Stir and return to freezer. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forWatermelon Cranberry Sherbet
"This is really refreshing. However, it's more of a sorbet than a sherbet; as sherbets have some form of dairy product in them (milk, cream, half-and-half, buttermilk, etc).Also, I used about a 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice plus an additional 1 T. sugar in place of the cranberry juice."
"I MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG BECAUSE IT DID NOT TURN OUT, COULD NOT GET OUT OF THE PAN AWFUL"
"I have used lemonade in place of the cranbery juice at the same amount. Absolutely grand!"
"You might try lemon or lime juice but I'm not sure of the amount. All you need to do is give the watermelon some kick."
"Can anyone suggest an alternative juice to cranberry? I don't always have cranberry juice available."