Watermelon Chocolate Chip Sorbet
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Process: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar. Cool slightly.
- Place watermelon in a food processor; process until pureed. Add orange juice, lime juice and cooled syrup; process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; refrigerate, covered, 3 hours or until cold.
- Pour into cylinder of ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions; if desired, add chocolate chips during the last 10 minutes of processing. Transfer sorbet to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 129 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 24, 2016
This turned out just fine. It is cold and refreshing. However, our family did not care for it. We decided to eat watermelon as watermelon!!!
Sep 12, 2015
I made this for Labor Day! I doubled the recipe and cut the sugar into a 1/2 and added some Splenda to the mix. It was very refreshing and not too overly powering sweet. I think I might it as a Popsicle next time.