Watermelon Bombe Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- About 1 pint lime sherbet
- About 1 pint pineapple sherbet
- About 1-1/2 pints raspberry sherbet
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 1-1/2-quart bowl with plastic wrap. Press slightly softened lime sherbet against the bottom and sides of bowl. Freeze, uncovered, until firm. Spread pineapple sherbet evenly over lime sherbet layer. Freeze, uncovered, until firm. (Lime and pineapple sherbet layers should be thin.) Pack raspberry sherbet in center of sherbet-lined bowl. Smooth the top to resemble a cut watermelon. Cover and freeze until firm, about 8 hours. Just before serving, uncover bowl of molded sherbet. Place a serving plate on the bowl and invert. Remove bowl and peel off plastic wrap. Cut the bombe into wedges; press a few chocolate chips into the raspberry section of each wedge to resemble watermelon seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 205 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 22, 2020
This is so easy to make, delicious and refreshing, and really does look like the picture!
Jun 21, 2020
I have made this for 50 years! It was a recipe from Rubbermaid to be made in the green bowl!! Now my Grandsons love it!
Jun 3, 2020
This is so good! Just like the desert I used to get from friendly's when I was a kid.??