Strawberries, watermelon and three other items are all you need for this freezer treat that's virtually free of fat. A friend gave me the recipe, promising it was the ultimate in refreshing, summer desserts. I couldn't agree more. —Jill Swavely, Green Lane, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 30 Simple Frozen Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Place the watermelon and strawberries in a blender or food processor; add sugar syrup. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Strain and discard seeds and pulp. Transfer puree to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm.
- Stir in mint. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm. Just before serving, transfer to a blender or food processor; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Watermelon Berry Sorbet in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p49