Watercress with Fennel & Berries
I like to experiment when I'm cooking. With watercress, fennel and blueberries, this unique, fresh-tasting green salad is a success. —Jim Rude, Janesville, Wisconsin
- 4 cups watercress
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped fennel fronds
- 1/4 cup pistachios, toasted
- 1/3 cup refrigerated spinach salad dressing with bacon
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
3/4 cup: 78 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC