This dip developed in our Test Kitchen is similar to mock guacamole. A bit of horseradish gives it some zip.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed (about 6 cups)
- 4 green onions, cut into fourths
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor or blender, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add cream cheese; process until creamy and blended. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 121 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Watercress Dip in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004