- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook carrots in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a serving bowl; add the peas, water chestnuts, onions and cheese. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, bacon and pepper; mix well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forWater Chestnut Pea Salad
"My husband and I really like this salad. Didn't have Ranch Dressing, so used light Ceasar Creamy salad Dressing. Used one-half of a medium onion chopped, since didn't have on hand the green onions. Also added Cayenne instead of pepper and can of drained small English peas instead of frozen. Only made changes since didn't have the ones called for. It is really good."
"I took out the carrots and added Chinese peas and edamame with some diced red onion...yummy!"
"This salad is a favorite of ours, and many has ask for the recipe since making it. We usually omit the carrots."