Water Chestnut Cheese Bites
Water chestnuts and olives make these baked cheese snacks deliciously different. They're best served fresh from the oven. —Rebecca Banks, White, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- In a small bowl, beat cheese and butter on low speed until blended. Add the flour, olives and cayenne; mix well. Beat in the egg and water chestnuts until combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 112 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Water Chestnut Cheese Bites in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003