We served this at my family's open house on Christmas Eve—to welcome anyone who came a-wassailing! —Sharon Tipton, Casselberry, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 16 whole cloves
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon angostura bitters
- 1 medium orange, quartered and sliced
- 1 to 2 cups rum
- Place cinnamon and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Place apple cider, juices, sugar and bitters in a large saucepan. Add orange slices and spice bag. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until punch reaches desired temperature. Discard spice bag. Stir in rum.