Wasabi-Salmon Waldorf Salad
Looking to give a twist to typical Waldorf salad, I created this recipe featuring salmon, bacon and wasabi horseradish mayonnaise. It makes a hearty lunch salad.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 salmon fillet (4 ounces)
- 2 large red apples, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add salmon. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove with a slotted spoon. Cool slightly; flake salmon.
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, apples, cashews, celery and bacon. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey and pepper. Pour over salad and toss gently. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 458 calories, 36g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Smoky Salmon Wasabi Waldorf Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.