Wasabi Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
If you have a shrimp-loving crowd, you must serve this appetizer! When weather permits, I cook the shrimp out on the grill.—Angela Buchanan, Longmont, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes1 dozen (1/2 cup sauce)
- 6 bacon strips
- 12 uncooked large shrimp
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon wasabi mustard
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Combine mayonnaise and mustard; brush over shrimp on both sides. Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise. Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp. Secure with toothpicks. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp and shrimp turns pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate, soy sauce and onion; serve with shrimp.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 62 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Bacon-Wasabi Wrapped Shrimp in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.