- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless raspberry jam or jam of your choice
- 4 whole graham crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, mix melted butter and vanilla; add to oat mixture, stirring until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Spread jam over top to within 1/2 in. of edges. Add crushed graham crackers to reserved topping; sprinkle over jam.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 squares.
Reviews forWarren's Oatmeal Jam Squares
"These bars are wonderful. This is a favorite with my boys!"
"Really easy and yummy"
"These were very easy to make and very tasty. I like the addition of the graham cracker crumbs. It's fun to vary up the recipe by changing out the flavor of jam."
"Thank you Warren, I had to make these for my husband as his name is Warren. I followed the recipe exactly. These were the easiest most delicious bars ever. Thanks again Warren and keep baking."
"Always looking for simple recipes and am glad I stumbled upon this one! I only cook for myself, so small recipes work best. I made this with no sugar added cherry preserves and Splenda, and the bars came out beautifully. Yum!!"
"Thank You Warren, you must be doin' something right, Bless You for this great recipe :)"
"Thank you Warren (!!!) - just made a batch following directions to a T and they are excellent. I love making jams and constantly look for new ways to use them. A bonus - this recipe lends itself to switching up - both in the type of jam and the crumble (next time I'll add toasted pecans or maybe toasted coconut to the topping). This is a keeper!"
"I made a double batch of the Oatmeal Jam Squares this afternoon and they are delicious! I used a 9" X 13" pan, used peach preserves, and added a teaspoon of cinnamon to the crumb mixture. Excellent! I'll try the raspberry jam next time around :)"