Warm-You-Up Hot Chocolate
This delicious, not-too-sweet hot chocolate was originally submitted by Kathy Young of Weatherford, Texas. It's richly flavored and delicately seasoned with spices. We knew it would be the perfect fit for the spicy chocolate cinnamon cane sugar! — Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons Gustus Vitae spicy chocolate cinnamon cane sugar
- Dash ground cloves or nutmeg
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Whole cinnamon sticks
- In a small saucepan, mix cocoa and sugar; stir in water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add spicy chocolate cinnamon sugar and cloves; stir in milk. Simmer 5 minutes (do not boil). Whisk in vanilla. Pour hot chocolate into mugs; top with whipped cream. Use cinnamon sticks for stirrers.