- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, torn
- 6 to 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Toss lettuce, radishes and onions in a large salad bowl; set aside. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. To the hot drippings, add vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and pepper; stir well. Immediately pour dressing over salad; toss gently. Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forWarm Wilted Lettuce Salad
"A delicious way to enjoy my spring lettuce, radishes and green onions from my garden! I added a sliced boiled egg. The dressing was delicious but I would probably double it next time as my bacon didn't cook out a lot of grease."
"This was very good. The only drawback is that it didn't seem like enough dressing."