Warm Tuscan Bean Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomato and seasonings; cook 3-4 minutes longer. Add beans; cook and stir until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 136 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 15, 2015
Interesting side dish...but there is no vinaigrette involved as stated. I followed the recipe but added a splash of wine vinegar and used navy beans instead of cannelloni beans. I sauteed the veggies for just a few minutes and the tomato only for a minute. Delicious.