Warm Tuscan Bean Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomato and seasonings; cook 3-4 minutes longer. Add beans; cook and stir until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 136 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 15, 2015
Interesting side dish...but there is no vinaigrette involved as stated. I followed the recipe but added a splash of wine vinegar and used navy beans instead of cannelloni beans. I sauteed the veggies for just a few minutes and the tomato only for a minute. Delicious.