Warm Turkey & Tomato Wraps
When my wife was out and about one day, I invented these wraps to surprise her when she came home. Sometimes I substitute cranberry sauce for the chutney, or use mascarpone cheese instead of cream cheese. —Alfred Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil vinaigrette
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/4 pounds turkey breast cutlets, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, red peppers and green onions; add vinaigrette and toss to coat. In another bowl, beat cream cheese, chutney and curry powder until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine turkey, oil and seasonings; toss to coat. In a large skillet, add turkey mixture in batches; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Spread 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture over each tortilla. Near center of tortilla, layer lettuce, tomato mixture and turkey. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve immediately.