When my wife was out and about one day, I invented these wraps to surprise her when she came home. Sometimes I substitute cranberry sauce for the chutney, or use mascarpone cheese instead of cream cheese. —Alfred Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Recommended: 40 Lettuce Recipes You Can Get Excited About
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil vinaigrette
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1-1/4 pounds turkey breast cutlets, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, red peppers and green onions; add vinaigrette and toss to coat. In another bowl, beat cream cheese, chutney and curry powder until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine turkey, oil and seasonings; toss to coat. In a large skillet, add turkey mixture in batches; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Spread 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture over each tortilla. Near center of tortilla, layer lettuce, tomato mixture and turkey. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Warm Turkey & Tomato Wraps in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014