Warm Szechuan Shrimp and Spinach Salad
A warm ginger-flavored dressing prepared with just a few ingredients tops this fresh and fun salad that’s special enough for guests. The slight hint of heat beautifully complements shrimp and veggies. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup salted roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp in oil until no longer pink. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, corn, sprouts, almonds, water chestnuts, red pepper, cilantro, onion and shrimp.
- In the same skillet, combine the vinegar, ginger, garlic sauce and soy sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through; pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.