Warm Sweet Potato Salad
“I love sweet potatoes, so I’m always trying to come up with new ways to serve them. A few years ago, I was craving potato salad but only had sweet potatoes on hand. This is the result,” shares Lisa Huff of Birmingham, Alabama.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- Place sweet potato in a small baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small serving bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, dill, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Add sweet potato and toss to coat; sprinkle with onion and bacon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 233 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Warm Sweet Potato Salad with Dilly Bacon Vinaigrette in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006
Apr 1, 2017
Delicious! Great Idea to cook and serve the sweet potato cold. Thank you, Lisa, for sharing this recipe.
Feb 20, 2013
I've made this recipe numerous times and we love it! I use chives instead of the green onion because I have them on hand.