Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/3 cups prepared mincemeat
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- TOFFEE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 9-in. square baking pan. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in mincemeat and walnuts.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in brown sugar and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Serve with warm cake.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 571 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (63g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 24, 2019
Sticky Toffee Pudding is a traditional British dessert that originated in the Lake District of England. It does not contain mincemeat or walnuts. This recipe is an American remake. Sticky toffee pudding contains chopped dates, butter and sugar, along with eggs, self-raising flour, and vanilla essence. The sauce is made of double cream, treacle and demerara sugar. Sticky toffee pudding is served with either custard or vanilla ice cream.
Dec 22, 2018
I was looking for something really different to serve for dessert on Thanksgiving, and this yummy pudding was the winner. It's moist and sweet, with a nice crunch from the walnuts, and the warm buttery sauce is a perfect complement. We all enjoyed it very much. One note: Although the recipe says it makes 9 servings, it's very rich and you can easily get 12 or more servings from it and still be satisfied.