- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-1/2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1/2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Toasted pine nuts, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine quinoa, cumin and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 10-13 minutes. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-low heat until golden brown, 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Immediately stir in squash and seasonings; cook, covered, until tender, 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add to quinoa, stirring gently to combine. Top with cheese and, if desired, pine nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forWarm Squash & Quinoa Salad
"Loved this. I made an entire butternut squash. The feta added the perfect taste."