Warm Spinach Mushroom Salad
In addition to being a very tasty side-dish salad, this is one of my favorites to have for lunch. It makes just the right amount for two portions. -Helen Ward O'Key, Torrington, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 onion slices, separated into rings
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette dressing or vinaigrette of your choice
- 1/2 cup salad croutons
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic powder in butter until onion is tender. Add mushrooms; cover and cook for 1 minute or until tender. Add spinach; sprinkle with salt and vinaigrette. Cover and cook for 1 minute or until spinach is wilted. Serve warm with croutons.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 179 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Warm Spinach Salad in Reminisce Extra December 2001