Warm Spinach Mushroom Salad
In addition to being a very tasty side-dish salad, this is one of my favorites to have for lunch. It makes just the right amount for two portions. -Helen Ward O'Key, Torrington, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 onion slices, separated into rings
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette dressing or vinaigrette of your choice
- 1/2 cup salad croutons
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic powder in butter until onion is tender. Add mushrooms; cover and cook for 1 minute or until tender. Add spinach; sprinkle with salt and vinaigrette. Cover and cook for 1 minute or until spinach is wilted. Serve warm with croutons.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 179 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Warm Spinach Salad in Reminisce Extra December 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.