Warm Shrimp Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes or until heated through. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place salad greens on four serving plates; top with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 164 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
May 4, 2012
We made this with salad shrimp and spinach. It was okay; nothing special and we won't make it again. The shrimp might be better on pasta or on a mix of pasta and salad greens. If I made it again, I would use the low-sodium broth as it was too salty, even for my salt-lick tendencies.
Apr 26, 2012
This salad is very good warm. My husband and I love it and he is not much for salads. We left out the red pepper flakes and added some pecans and it was delicous. It is not so good cold.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.