Warm Seafood Salad
"Here's a recipe that's sized right for two seafood lovers," Lillian Julow says of her easy entree salad. Served over a bed of greens, sauteed scallops and shrimp get plenty of flavor from garlic and a homemade vinaigrette.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 pound bay scallops
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; add 2 teaspoons oil. Shake well; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the shrimp, scallops and garlic in remaining oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque.
- Divide the greens between two salad plates; top with seafood mixture. Shake dressing and drizzle over salads.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 264 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 934mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Seafood Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2006