Warm Scallop Salad
Bottled dressing adds to the easy preparation for this warm, wonderful salad. Gertrudis Miller in Evansville, Indiana got the recipe from a friend years ago. “It couldn’t be much quicker to make,“ she shares, “and it always brings compliments when I serve it.“
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute scallops in oil for 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute red pepper and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add salad dressing and water; cook 2-3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Return scallops to the pan; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Place the greens in a salad bowl. Add scallop mixture and toss lightly; sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 168 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Warm Scallop Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.