Warm Red Potato Salad
This is my sister, Barbara's recipe. The red potato skins and the green beans contrast nicely, and the ham pieces add lip-smacking flavor. —Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/4 pound fresh snow peas, halved
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 red lettuce leaves
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add snow peas; cook, uncovered, 1 minute longer or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- When cool enough to handle, quarter potatoes into a large bowl. Add the mushrooms, ham, green pepper, celery, onions and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm in a lettuce-lined bowl.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 273 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Warm Potato Salad with Ham, Snow Peas and Mushrooms in Taste of Home December/January 2007