- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, broth, soy sauce, garlic, oil, sugar and seasonings. Set aside 2 tablespoons; cover and refrigerate. Add pork to remaining marinade; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade. Heat reserved marinade in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork, onion and peppers; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. Drizzle with lemon juice. Remove from the heat.
- Arrange lettuce on four individual plates; top with meat mixture and tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forWarm Pork Fajita Salad
"Very good! A great way to enjoy fajita, but save a few calories! Will make it again! :) I cooked a roast in a crockpot, then mixed the rest together and cooked it all together on the stovetop. Then, placed it on the lettuce and added homemade salsa instead of tomatoes. :)"
"No one in my house really cared for it. It had way too much lime juice in it and no one finished theirs. I wouldn't suggest this to anyone."