Warm Pork and Raspberry Salad Recipe
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds pork tenderloin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1. Slice pork into 16 pieces. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add the broth, preserves, vinegar, rosemary and sage. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Place greens in a salad bowl; toss with a third of the sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, pecans and tomatoes. Top with warm pork slices; serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Warm Pork and Raspberry Salad
"It's hard for me to get excited about salads, however, we LOVE this one. When I first saw it- I wasn't sure that this is something that would work for us but decided to give it a try. This is so unexpectedly delicious and easy to pull together. It's a must make."
"This is by no doubt the best tasting salad that the whole family can enjoy. My son-in-law doesn't eat salads because they are "rabbit food." but he ate every bite and wanted more."