Warm Pork and Pear Salad
Convenient items—like a salad mix and marinated pork loin—are the secret to this speedy salad that's tossed with a flavorful sweet-and-sour dressing.—Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package Hormel lemon-garlic pork loin filet (1-1/3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) Italian romaine and radicchio salad mix
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In a large skillet, cook onion in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool to room temperature.
- Place onion and vinegar in a blender; cover and process until onion is chopped. Add the molasses, sugar, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add remaining oil in a steady stream. Pour dressing into a microwave-safe bowl; set aside.
- Cut pork into 1/4-in. slices. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil until no longer pink. Remove and cut into strips; keep warm.
- Microwave dressing on high for 30-60 seconds or until warmed; whisk until blended. Toss salad mix with 1/2 cup dressing; place on a serving platter. Top with pears, grapes and pork. Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle with walnuts and cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 458 calories, 33g fat (5g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 961mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Warm Pork and Harvest Salad w/ Caramelized Sweet in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.