This pretty green dip is perfect for Christmas, especially when served with red bell pepper strips. You can make it ahead and reheat when ready to serve.— Megan Taylor, Washougal, Washington
Recommended: 25 Christmas Potluck Appetizers for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Assorted fresh vegetables or bread cubes
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in pesto and cream cheese; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Stir in cream and Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with vegetables or bread. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Warm Pesto Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p91