Warm Percolator Punch
It smells like Christmas all through Janet Crawford's house in Ashland, Kentucky when she serves up this pleasantly spicy punch. It can also be made in a Dutch oven.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes15 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts)
- 6 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 6 cups cranberry juice
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- In a 24-cup percolator, combine the juices, water, brown sugar and salt. Place cloves and cinnamon sticks in the percolator basket; cover and begin perking. When cycle is complete, discard spices.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 130 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Perculator Punch in Country Woman December/January 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.