Warm Pear Sundaes
“This is a simple, attractive way to dress up fresh pears,” says Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado. “You don’t need a lot of time or ingredients, and you can easily double or triple the recipe for guests.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and cream. Add the pears; toss to coat. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until pears are tender. Serve over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 399 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Warm Caramel Pear Sundae in Taste of Home June/July 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.