Warm Onion Garlic Dip
Try this warm creamy dip that can be served with veggies or crackers. It’s a delicious snack any time of year, but there’s something about grilling it for an outdoor occasion that makes it extra special. —Zelda DeHoedt, Cedar Rapids, IA
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), halved and sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Assorted fresh vegetables, crackers or toasted baguette slices
- Prepare campfire or grill for medium-low heat. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Spread mixture in the bottom of a 8-in. disposable foil square pan. Lightly cover with nonstick foil.
- Place pan on a grill grate over a campfire or on grill until lightly browned and bubbly, about 25 minutes. Serve with vegetables and crackers.
Test Kitchen tips