Warm Mushroom Salad
A blend of mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and salad greens make for a pretty presentation on a platter. The recipe comes from our home economists.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (5 ounces) sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Drain tomatoes, reserving oil mixture. Cut tomatoes into thin strips; set aside. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter and olive oil for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are browned. Stir in the vinegar, reserved tomatoes and oil mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 10 minutes.
- Arrange salad greens on a platter; top with mushroom mixture and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 128 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Warm Mushroom Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.