Warm Mexican Chocolate Cakettes
What could be more comforting than a cup of hot chocolate topped with marshmallows? How about my souffle-inspired Warm Mexican Chocolate Cakettes? Talk about a crowd pleaser! —Matt Warren, Mequon, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces Mexican chocolate, chopped
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant hot cocoa mix
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- WHIPPED MARSHMALLOW TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate curls
- Butter six 8-ounce ovenproof coffee mugs or ramekins.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate, cocoa mix and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth; cool.
- In small bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs, one at time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate mixture; mix well. Add sour cream alternately with dry ingredients, beating well after each addition. Add coffee and vanilla. Divide among prepared cups.
- Bake at 350° until set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir marshmallow creme until smooth. Add cream; beat until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until serving.
- Dollop each dessert with marshmallow topping and garnish with chocolate curls. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 586 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (66g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Hot Chocolate Souffles with Marshmallow Whipped Cream in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.