Warm Ham ‘n’ Spinach Salad
This colorful salad complements any festive menu. Served alone, it's a complete meal when you want to eat light.–Suzanne McKinley, Lyons, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup sweet-and-sour salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms and eggs. In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook ham over medium heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add to the spinach mixture.
- In a small saucepan, bring the salad dressing to a boil. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 43 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Warm Ham 'n' Spinach Salad in Country August/September 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.