Warm Ham ‘n’ Cheese Spread
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), split
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups ground fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss, American and cheddar cheeses
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Additional shredded Swiss cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut each pita half into eight wedges; brush rough sides with oil. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine ham, cheeses, mayonnaise and mustard. Transfer to a shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° 15-20 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley and additional Swiss cheese if desired; serve with pita wedges.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 21, 2014
I thought this was okay. I have never made a hot ham dip before, so I really have nothing to compare it to. It kind of just tasted like store bought ham salad, warmed, with some pieces of swiss cheese bits. I found the mayo taste and salt to be a bit heavy. I only tested 1/2 recipe to try it. Since, I think it is sort of too salty I might not use it on a cracker, but I might try it on a roll later after it cools down.
Nov 13, 2012
I made a slightly adapted version of this (had to use the ingredients we had on hand) and received lots of praise for this simple yet tasty dish.I used 3 types of cheddar and served it with crackers.