This colorful salad complements any festive menu. Served alone, it's a complete meal when you want to eat light.–Suzanne McKinley, Lyons, Georgia
Recommended: 50 Recipes to Make the Most of the Fall Harvest
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup sweet-and-sour salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms and eggs. In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, cook ham over medium heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add to the spinach mixture.
- In a small saucepan, bring the salad dressing to a boil. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Warm Ham 'n' Spinach Salad in Country August/September 2004, p49