Warm Goat Cheese in Marinara Recipe
Every family has a recipe they pull out time and again when the gang gathers, and goat cheese warmed in a marinara sauce is one of those household favorites. Minced basil and cracked black pepper give it that fresh and alive finish. —Jan Valdez, Chicago, Illinois
- 1 log (4 ounces) goat cheese
- 1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Toasted French bread baguette slices or assorted crackers
- 1. Freeze cheese for 15 minutes. Unwrap and cut into 1/2-in. slices. In an ungreased small shallow baking dish, combine marinara sauce and basil. Top with cheese slices; sprinkle with pepper.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm with toasted baguette slices. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
3 tablespoons (calculated without baguette): 42 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Warm Goat Cheese in Marinara
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC