Warm Garbanzo & Tomato Salad
I created this salad on a whim while on a trip with friends. We put together a bunch of ingredients we had on hand, and the result was a winner! —Brittany DeSalvo, New Richmond, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (1 cup each)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (16 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium bunch romaine, torn (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup salad croutons
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, 2 tablespoons oil, honey, Italian seasoning and cinnamon.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add beans, tomatoes, onion salt and garlic salt; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine and croutons. Add bean mixture; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 106 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Garbanzo and Tomato Salad with Honey Vinaigrette in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.