Warm Fruit Kabobs
Give this impressive fruit treat a try as dessert or just a snack on a breezy summer night. The flavorful summer fruit kabobs were sent from Janet Schroeder of Strawberry Point, Iowa.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium banana
- 1 medium peach or nectarine
- 1 medium pear
- 2 slices fresh pineapple (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut all of the fruit into 1-in. chunks. Alternately thread onto 16 soaked wooden skewers (using two skewers side by side for each kabob so the fruit doesn't turn). In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, lemon juice, oil and cinnamon.
- Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes or until heated through, turning often and basting frequently with brown sugar mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 144 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Grilled Fruit Kabobs in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.