- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained and halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the water, orange juice concentrate and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the fruit; heat through. Ina small mixing bowl, beat the topping ingredients until smooth. Dollop over fruit. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forWarm Fruit Compote with Cream Cheese Topping
"easy to make and VERY good!!!"
"This is some rich, yummy goodness, right here!"