- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Torn fresh spinach, sliced fresh mushrooms and salad croutons
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually stir in water and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot dressing into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Serve immediately over spinach with mushrooms and croutons; sprinkle with bacon. Or transfer dressing to a slow cooker and keep warm on low. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-1/2 cups.
Reviews forWarm Dressing for Spinach
"I had used this recipe in the past but lost it. SO glad to have found it again!"