Warm Dill Potato Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt, dill and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Stir in mayonnaise and onion. Add the potatoes; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup: 326 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Warm Dill Potato Salad
"Had to come back and say, that the chilled leftovers were even better than the fresh warm salad. YUM!"
"We really liked this recipe. Having it warm really made a difference! I added more salt and some chopped dill pickles. BUT - I don't think I would always make warm potato salad!"