Warm Curried Fruit
Attractive and full of flavor, this comforting fruit dish makes a great accompaniment to my breakfast casserole. The spices give it special character.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the pineapple, cherries, pears and peaches. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, curry, cinnamon, nutmeg and reserved juice; pour over fruit.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 283 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Hot Spicy Curried Fruit in Taste of Home December/January 2006