Warm Cranberry-Pear Crisp
Delicately spiced fruits are topped with scrumptious crunch—a clever use of oatmeal cookie mix. —Toni Pendley, Somerset, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 3 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) oatmeal cookie mix
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine pears and cranberries. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and ginger; sprinkle over pear mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Prepare cookie mix batter according to package directions. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without ice cream): 429 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry-Pear Crisp in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.