Warm Cinnamon-Apple Topping Recipe
You'll quickly warm up to the old-fashioned taste of this cinnamon-apple topping. Spoon it over vanilla ice cream or slices of pound cake. —Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Pound cake or ice cream
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, toss apples and pears with lemon juice. Mix brown sugar, maple syrup, butter and cornstarch; pour over fruit. Stir in pecans, raisins and cinnamon sticks.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low until fruit is tender, 3-4 hours. Discard cinnamon sticks. Serve with cake or ice cream. Yield: about 6 cups.
Reviews for Warm Cinnamon-Apple Topping
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2016
"i really liked this topping. i used it on waffles and it was a huge success. plan to make it again."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC