Warm Chocolate-Caramel Apples
EVERY FALL my husband and I loved picking apples from our two apple trees in our backyard and then developing new recipes. This is just one of the many recipes we created that remained an all-time favorite. Firm apples are recommended.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 medium Braeburn apples
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and butter. Core apples three-fourths of the way through; fill with brown sugar mixture.
- Place in a small microwave-safe dish. Pour orange juice into dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Transfer to dessert plates; top with chocolate syrup and caramel topping. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 403 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Hot Chocolate-Caramel Apples for Two in Reminisce Extra September 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.